Chef Huda Mu’min is an acclaimed chef, television personality and philanthropist. She is also Founder and CEO of Pretty and Delicious™, a unique culinary company. Chef Huda’s mantra that “Food should always be Pretty and Delicious” is a signature to her brand. She is on a mission to improve people’s relationship with food and help the world find “a happy food place,” one bite at a time.
Chef Huda gained national notoriety winning Food Network’s top-rated show Cutthroat Kitchen, hosted by Alton Brown. It was the networks largest contestant prize earnings to date. An audience favorite, Chef Huda also appeared on the first season of ABC’s “The Taste” with Anthony Bourdain and Nigella Lawson.
- In 2015 Chef Huda was invited to The White House for the President and First Lady’s Black History Month Reception where she was featured as a guest chef, preparing her signature dishes. Later that year she returned as a guest chef for The White House MESS.
- Awarded the 2016 Prince George’s County Social Innovation Fund Forty under 40 award in Art and Humanities.
- Featured in Nissan’s Diaries of a Globetrotter Series, Chef Huda takes viewers on a journey that explores why being a chef is about more than food and cooking; it’s about bringing people together and inspiring others through mentoring.
- She is currently the host of the Kitchen Table Series featured on HelloBeautiful.com and TV One.
- Featured as the Celebrity Chef for the Coca-Cola experience at the Essence Festival in New Orleans.
- Chef Huda was honored to kick off the first annual cooking pavilion focusing on Culinary Arts, Healthy Eating Demonstrations and community outreach for the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation’s Annual Legislative Conference in 2015.
Her delicious culinary creations have received national rave reviews from A-list Hollywood celebrities to VIP tastemakers. Her cuisine has been featured on ABC, CBS, NBC, The CW Network, CNBC and Fox. Also featured in Vogue Italia, The Washington Business Journal, Disney’s Food and Wine, Ebony Magazine, Essence, Hello Beautiful, Global Grind, The Washington Post, Yahoo!, Jet Magazine, Washington Life Magazine, On Tap Magazine, NPR, The Steve Harvey Morning Show and The Howard Stern Show, among others.
A native of Massachusetts, Chef Huda’s love for the culinary arts presented itself at the young age of six. She was raised in a completely organic household, which piqued her interest in food knowledge and influenced her creativity. Growing up with a multicultural background, she incorporates flavors from around the world into her delectable menus.
When she is not creating culinary masterpieces, her time is devoted to important causes. She has served as an Ambassador for The American Heart Association. Chef Huda also lends her talents to support impactful organizations such as the American Diabetes Association, James Beard Foundation, Greater Washington Urban League, Friends of the National Zoo, March of Dimes, USDA, Boys and Girls Club, YMCA and other non-profit organizations. She has proudly served as the Celebrity Chef Spokesperson for The CW Network/DC50 TV for the Healthy DC initiative campaign and received the Tastemaker Excellence Award.
In addition to being a chef, she is also served as a lifestyle expert and entertainment contributor for Monarch Magazine, The Washington Post, Washington Informer Newspaper and The ROOT.
She is a proud graduate of the University of Maryland, College Park and Le Cordon Bleu, where she finished at the top of her class. Chef Huda worked among the best of the best in the LA food scene. Having learned from many esteemed culinary minds, she returned to the Washington, DC area and established her culinary company, Pretty and Delicious, where she serves as Executive Chef and CEO.
As a multi-faceted brand in Food, Fashion and Entertainment, Chef Huda is quickly on her way to becoming one of America’s favorite culinary experts and TV personalities.